Attending the FREE Eating Healthy with Diabetes™ grocery store tour is a must if you or someone you love struggles with diabetes. One Touch diabetes supplies is teaming up with multiple grocery chains, in multiple states, to offer free, 90 minute tours hosted by a Registered Dietitian and Pharmacist to explain all about diabetes management. Below, it explains everything you need to know about the free tours and how to sign-up. This post has been sponsored by One Touch.
Eating Healthy with Diabetes Nationwide Grocery Store Tours
Sign up Now for FREE Eating Healthy with Diabetes™ grocery store tours at the following stores beginning in March, 2016:
- Star Market
- Tom Thumb
How to Sign-Up
Who Should Come?
- Anyone diagnosed with diabetes, pre-diabetes, gestational diabetes
- Family of those diagnosed
- Those with diabetes in their family history
- Anyone with overweight children
- Anyone interested in learning how to read food labels, choose healthier foods and prevent diabetes
90-Minute Guided Walking Tour of the Grocery Store, Will Cover How to:
- read food labels
- calculate carbohydrate servings
- meal plan using exchange lists
- make healthier meal choices for you and your family
Pharmacy Services Will Cover:
- individual assessments, including lab work and blood pressure testing
- blood glucose monitoring
- personalized medication reviews
- tools for living healthy with diabetes
It is easier than you think to make significant improvements in your health. The challenge for most is that food habits are formed very early on in childhood. After all, for the most part, we ate what was put in front of us by our parents or caretakers. That’s why it’s so important to instill healthy eating habits early on in life.
If you were never taught or encouraged to eat balanced and healthy, you may be suffering now because of it. Obesity, hypertension, heart disease, hyperlipidemia and diabetes are the realities of a lifetime of an unhealthy diet. How’s this for a staggering statistic: more than 29 million people have diabetes including 8.1 million who don’t even know they have it. Not to mention, 86 million people have pre-diabetes – the scary part is that children are part of this number.
1 in 3 children born in 2000 will develop diabetes at one point in their lives. (1)
So, if you have children, there’s no better time than now to learn all you can about how to prevent them from being one of the statistics noted above.
Get the Facts Straight!
If you suffer with diabetes, you may have heard, “No carbs, fruit or sugar”. Sadly, many doctors tell patients this outright LIE. If your doctor has led you to believe this false statement, please educate yourself and begin living again! In diabetes, there are no foods you must never eat again, it’s just a game of balancing. Learn how to take control of your diabetes with some free education. After all, it is fully possible to reverse type 2 diabetes with a healthy diet and lifestyle.
Sign-Up with Me!
- Orange, CA: 4550 E Chapman Ave, Wednesday April 6 @ 6 pm
- Tustin, CA: 13270 Newport Ave, Wednesday April 13 @ noon
- La Habra, CA: 2101 W. Imperial Hwy, Saturday April 9 @ 10 am
A Visit to our Local Vons Grocery Store
As a Dietitian, everyone is always so interested to see what’s in my cart. So, here it is! I’ve taken a few photos of some of my favorite products and staples in my home.
There are some things that I always buy organic. This is the guide I follow: Organic Fruits & Vegetables: Are They Worth the Money?
Share This Article