Caesar Salad is Awesome
If there’s one thing I’m passionate about, it’s salad. So believe me when I say there’s nothing worse than bottled dressing. Other than being high in sodium and preservatives, the worst part is that it tastes processed, cause it is. There’s only one way to make an outstanding salad, and it begins with making your own dressing.
If you don’t already, start with this lemony, eggless caesar salad dressing. Your family and friends will be blown away at how the salad was the best part of the meal. If I could describe this caesar salad dressing to your taste buds, I would tell them it’s garlicky, tangy, full of flavor, full of depth yet still light, creamy, mouth-watering, zesty and delicious. It’s on Chris’ list of top 3 dressing favorites for good reason.
Enjoy blowing your dinner guests away.
- 1/2 cup fresh Parmesan cheese (1/4 cup for dressing, 1/4 cup for salad)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 2 small lemons
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon anchovy paste or 3 anchovy fillets
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 2 heads romaine lettuce
- Food processor
- Grind chunks of Parmesan cheese in food processor until finely ground.
- Leave 1/4 cup cheese in processor and set aside the rest.
- In food processor with 1/4 cup cheese, add lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, anchovy paste, Dijon, mayonnaise, salt and pepper and process for 5 seconds.
- Scrape down sides.
- Add extra virgin olive oil and process until smooth, about 10 seconds.
- Wash, cut and thoroughly dry romaine lettuce. Place in a large bowl.
- Add about 1/2 cup dressing, remaining 1/4 Parmesan cheese and croutons.
- Toss and enjoy.
- Kcal 180 | Fat 19g | Sat Fat 3g | Chol 6mg | Sodium 233mg | Carb 1g | Fiber 0g | Sugar 0g | Protein 2g
Share This Article
I am diabatic and 70 years old.What food/salad (vegetarian) you prescribe?