I try to give my babe a fruit at every meal. So Maple Banana French Toast was born. Put that banana right in the batter and you’re good to go. Easy peasy. And what’s even easier is when you make some ahead of time and store them in the freezer. Nothing easier than microwaving a pre-made french toast for 45 seconds.
Adults, kids and babies as young as 6 months old doing baby-led weaning (click here for more info) love Maple Banana French Toast. It’s tasty enough for a holiday morning and easy enough for an everyday morning.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 whole egg
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (cows, soy, rice, etc...)
- 1/8 teaspoon mapelene (maple extract)
- 4 slices cinnamon bread (we use Cinnabon brand)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- In a medium-sized bowl, smash the banana with the back of the fork till mashed well.
- Add egg, milk and mapelene. Mix vigorously. Pour into a shallow dish.
- Coat the bread in the mixture (soak for as long as you can).
- Melt butter on griddle over medium-high heat.
- Place coated breads on griddle and cook until browned on both sides.
- If you don't have/can't find mapelene, vanilla extract will work (but it won't make it taste like you have syrup baked in or make your home smell like syrup for hours on end!)
- Babies doing baby-led weaning and kids will enjoy these cut into "fingers".
- Kcal 264 | Fat 9g | Sat Fat 5g | Chol 68mg | Sodium 275mg | Carb 39g | Fiber 2g | Sugar 9g | Protein 7g
Share This Article