This vibrant main meal salad pairs perfectly with some hummus and cucumbers. Pour yourself a glass of wine and you’ve got the ideal meal for a hot summer night.
Quinoa Tabbouleh Recipe
I love tabbouleh, but I’m not a huge fan of couscous. Couscous doesn’t offer too much when it comes to nutrition. It’s basically a pasta. So why not amp up the nutritional value without sacrificing flavor or texture? Swapping couscous for quinoa provides more than double the fiber, more protein, significantly more iron, calcium, zinc, magnesium and potassium. It also possesses a lower glycemic index score which is linked to assisting in weight loss. No brainier? I think so.
Each serving of this quinoa tabbouleh is only 268 calories! With 7g fiber, 8g protein and a moderate amount of carbs, it’s great for those looking to lose weight. It will satisfy and fill you up while barely making a dent in the calorie bank. I like to top mine with some Parmesan cheese, but without it’s completely vegan.
I am always on the lookout for healthy and satisfying main meal salads. This one packs a huge load of flavor from the lemon juice, garlic and olive oil that beautifully dress the sweet tomatoes, creamy beans, quinoa and fresh parsley. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup Quinoa, rinsed (uncooked)
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups Tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup Garbanzo beans
- 1 cup Parsley (packed), chopped
- 1 1/2 oz Lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1 1/2 oz Olive Oil
- 1 Garlic clove, grated
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Heat water in medium-sized sauce pan. When boiling, add quinoa. Stir, cover and turn heat to low to cook until water is absorbed (around 15 minutes).
- When done cooking, transfer to a sheet pan to cool quickly.
- In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and whisk thoroughly.
- Set aside.
- Into a large bowl, add tomatoes, beans, parsley and cooled quinoa.
- Add dressing and fluff to combine.
- Taste for seasoning and garnish with Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Try topping this with a fried egg - it's awesome.
- Kcal 268 | Fat 15g | Sat Fat 2g | Chol 0mg | Sodium 441mg | Carb 32g | Fiber 7g | Sugar 7g | Pro 8g
Share This Article