Want to add flavor and crunch without adding fat or a ton of calories? With 3 simple ingredients, you can create an amazing topper for tacos, wraps, sandwiches. Adding this ultimate cabbage mix will transform your typical turkey and avocado wrap. It will bring to life that dull tofu taco. It will jazz up your run of the mill lunch or dinner. Plus, you can make the entire recipe for under $3.50 for the entire week!
What you will need: 1 package of coleslaw mix (16 oz), 1 bunch of green onions and 1 bunch of cilantro.
Cabbage, Cilantro & Green Onion
Add it all together and you will create this beautiful mix that adds extra freshness, texture and nutrition for only 9 calories per 1/2 cup!
This recipe was inspired by our curried tofu taco night. The taco was just lacking…something. It longed for an exotic flavor that didn’t overpower the dish. I wanted freshness and crunch to pair with the soft tortilla and tofu. Cabbage on it’s own just wasn’t cutting it…it would have needed a sauce, almost like a fish taco-type. But I didn’t have the time. Instead, I cut up some green onions and cilantro to add to the top of my taco. And voila! That was it. I was obsessed.
Because of this day, you will never again be able to open our fridge without seeing a gallon size Ziplock bag full of this mix ready for use…on everything. Truly, there is nothing easier to make. It’s ready in less than 3 minutes. And best of all, there’s almost no calories, in fact, just count it as a free food.
Transform More Than Just Your Taco
Staying at home most days for lunch gets boring. But after this mix came into my life, lunch was never the same. Sandwiches had zing. Whaaat? Did someone bring me a sandwich from the specialty restaurant down the street? Nope…made it at home! With a dollop of plain Greek yogurt and sriracha, it tasted as if the leftover chicken came to life again on top a bed of the cabbage mix.
Here are a few ways to add this simple, yet life-altering cabbage mix to your life:
- Top your taco (beef, fish, shrimp, lobster, chicken, veggie, pork).
- Put in in your sandwich.
- Add it to a fantastic burrito bowl.
- Add to an already amazing salad for extra flavor.
- Add to a boring salad to make it seem more special.
- Use as a base and top with walnut pesto chicken salad.
- Use instead of rice for any stir-fry. (It’s awesome for paleo or low-carb.)
- Fill your burrito to fill it up without adding calories.
- Add to any dish that’s lacking flavor and crunch.
- Pair with creamy cilantro bean casserole for a perfect vegetarian meal.
- Substitute it for shredded lettuce on most anything.
I hope you love this one! Be sure to add it to your yummly recipe box or pin for later!
The Ultimate Cabbage Mix
- 1 bag Coleslaw Mix (16 oz)
- 1 bunch Green onions, chopped
- 1 bunch Cilantro, chopped (leaves only)
- Into a large bowl or a gallon Ziplock bag, add all ingredients and mix well.
- Keep refrigerated for no longer than 5-7 days.
- Kcal 9 | Fat 0g | Sat Fat 0g | Chol 0mg | Sodium 7mg | Carb 2g | Fiber 1g | Sugar 1g | Pro 1g
Share This Article
Great idea! I love the flavor of cabbage. I bet kohlrabi would work well too.
So I’m weird because I LOVE coleslaw but I loathe red cabbage at least! Maybe it makes all the difference that it’s red! Anyway this sounds so yummy.